Ransome Weld Manipulator Model 1212 12′ Lift x 12′ Reach
- Part #: M140911
Ransome Weld Manipulator Model 1212 12′ x 12′ Used
- 750 lb. weight capacity on either or both ends
- 12’ constant speed powered lift
- Lift ranges from 39 ½” to 183 ½” from the floor to the bottom edge of the boom
- 12’ variable speed powered reach
- Reach ranges from 30 ½” to 174 ½” to the center of the mast
- Reach speed varies from 3.35 IPM to 134 IPM
- 360° manual mast rotation on a bolt down base
- 20’ pendant control
- Currently equipped with a 10’ boom extension
- Lincoln Tandem Arc Package including:
- Lincoln NA-3 control and head
- Lincoln NA-4 control and head
- Weld Engineering flux hopper
- Cyclomatic torch slides
- 460 volt – 3 phase
- Shipping dimensions: 20’ long x 8’ wide x 5’ high
- Shipping weight 9,000 lbs.
- Manufacturer serial # 6219826
- Shown with optional X-frame base
Machines like the 12′ x 12′ Ransome Weld Manipulator is designed to speed up the welding process in a number of ways. The purpose of a welding manipulator like this one, is to hold the welding equipment over a work piece so that the operator does not have to hold it in his or her hands while the part is moving beneath the torch. The part being welded is usually moved or rotated under the torch by use of a positioner or a set of tank turning rolls. By using a manipulator as a fixture to hold the equipment steady, the welding can take place over a longer period of time without fatigue from the operator which can result in multiple starts and stops. With a manipulator you only need one start and stop to complete most welds. This reduction in starts and stops minimizes the chance of weld defects which can sometimes be caused from improper starting and stopping. Another very common use for a welding manipulator is to use the variable speed boom as a welding axis to complete longitudinal welds. These long welds can be completed on the outside perimeter of a tank, vessel, or pipe, or you can reach inside those same work pieces to complete the internal welds which can prove to be much more difficult.
Let the skilled technicians at Weld Plus rebuild this Ransome weld manipulator. Weld Plus specializes in tank and pipe welding equipment systems. We have manipulators in a variety of configurations. We also carry the equipment to handle the profile welding and cutting of nozzles and man ways. This item and all those you find on our website are located at Weld Plus in Cincinnati, Ohio. Stop in or give us a call 800-288-9414.
If you’re interested in this product, please click “Add to Quote” above and then click on “View Quote” at the top of the page to submit your inquiry. If you have any immediate questions about this or any other product, please call us at 513-941-4411 and we will gladly help. Thanks for considering Weld Plus, your source for welding equipment and machinery.