Teledyne Readco Model SHD 12 x 8 Manipulator
- Part #: M161116
Teledyne Readco Model SHD 12×8 Manipulator
- 700 lb. weight capacity at either end.
- Constant speed powered lift from 41” to 185” to the bottom of the boom when mounted on travel car and track
- Manual 360° mast rotation
- 3 to 100 IPM variable speed reach from 8′ to 16′ to the center of the carriage
- Boom is 13′ 6” long with a 4′ extension beam
- 180 degree orientation swivel
- Lincoln K29 4” vertical torch adjuster
- 9” Manual horizontal torch adjuster
- 6′ x 8′ variable speed travel car
- Travel car uses 56 1/2 gauge 60 lb. un-machined track (track not included)
- Control for all movements mounted on boom
- Arco Wand 8MH Flux recovery system
- Pressurized flux delivery
- 460V/3 phase
- Manipulator serial # 104617
- Shipping weight: 20,000°° lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 35′ long x 8′ wide x 5′ high
Machines like this Teledyne Readco Model SHD 12×8 Manipulator are designed to speed up the welding process in a number of ways. The purpose of a welding manipulator is to hold the welding equipment over a work piece so that the operator does not have to hold it in their hands while the part is moving beneath the torch. The part being welded is usually moved or rotated under the torch by use of a positioner or a set of tank turning rolls. By using a manipulator as a fixture to hold the equipment steady, the welding can take place over a longer period of time. This prevents operator fatigue which can result in multiple starts and stops. With a manipulator you only need one start and stop to complete most welds. This reduction in starts and stops lowers the chance of weld defects which can be caused from improper starting and stopping. Another very common use for a welding manipulator is to use the variable speed boom as a welding axis to complete longitudinal welds. These long welds can be completed on the outside perimeter of a tank, vessel, or pipe, or you can reach inside those same work pieces to complete the internal welds which can prove to be more difficult.
Give us a call at 800-288-9414, send us an email or stop in and see us to find out more about this machine. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you’re interested in this product, please click “Add to Quote” above and then click on “View Quote” at the top of the page to submit your inquiry. If you have any immediate questions about this or any other product, please call us at 513-941-4411 and we will gladly help. Thanks for considering Weld Plus, your source for welding equipment and machinery.