Bancroft Vertical Weld Lathe Model VHI-18
- Part #: L100410
Used Bancroft Vertical Weld Lathe
- Model VHI-18
- 30” length capacity between the headstock and the tailstock
- Currently equipped with an air clamping fixture that limits the length to 11”
- 8” diameter capacity with the current torch mount (the mount alters to accommodate a diameter of 35”)
- 400 lb. weight capacity
- A synchronized rotary drive rotates the opposing vertical spindles at the same speed
- This maintains the radial alignment between two parts with no chance of slippage
- Choose the welding equipment you want!
- 230 or 460 volt
- Serial #3899/124-001
This VHI-18 Bancroft Vertical Weld Lathe is similar to that of Bancroft’s spud welder. The main difference is that the part rotates instead of the torch on this machine. This can have its advantages when welding small parts. When welding on small diameter parts the cycle time can improve since the machine only needs to rotate the part instead of the welding torch. This also allows the machine to be used with high current welding machines. On typical spud welders the current is limited by the capacity of the collector rings. By keeping the torch stationary, the machine can use any number of advanced welding processes instead of being limited to those compatible with Bancroft’s integrated wire feeder. The headstock and tailstock have through holes which allow the use of swivel air fittings. The tailstock or top plate uses this for a clamping fixture.
If you have any questions about this item, or any other items, call our toll free number at 800-288-9414. Our knowledgeable sales staff is available to help assist with any technical questions that you may have. In addition, you can email our sales staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Above all, we encourage you to get a firsthand look at this machine by visiting our 44,000 square foot facility!
If you’re interested in this product, please click “Add to Quote” above and then click on “View Quote” at the top of the page to submit your inquiry. If you have any immediate questions about this or any other product, please call us at 513-941-4411 and we will gladly help. Thanks for considering Weld Plus, your source for welding equipment and machinery.